Thursday 28 June 2012

SKY IS SERIOUSLY CUTTING BACK ON BOXING!

THE WARNING FROM BOXING ACTION THAT CHANGE IS DESPERATELY NEEDED TO BREATHE THE OXYGEN OF SUCCESS BACK INTO BOXING IS GIVEN FURTHER CREDENCE WITH THE DECISION BY SKY TO AXE THEIR CONTRACT WITH ANOTHER TOP PROMOTER. This hard news follows upon the alarm call from leading American boxing promoter Garry Shaw that boxing is in a serious state of despondency. comes the news that Some time back Boxing Action was told SKY is goingg to cut back on presenting boxing, so it is no surprise to us. Frank Maloney the manager of heavyweight prospect David Price has been advised that his contract with SKY will not be renewed. Frank is managing David in a firstlas way and Frank and David make a an excellent combination. When he was told the news David Price said, “This means I’ll no longer feature on the channel.” When this is added to the disappointment that he will not be making his debut in America in July as a pro’ boxer in Atlantic City, it has not beena good week for David. David has taken the two career blows on the chin and said, “Having fought in the USA as an amateur and trained in LA and Las Vegas on a number of occasions I was looking forward to making my US debut as a professional. However, my training camp has already started and I’ll continue working with Franny Smith as I’m hopeful of appearing ‘across the pond’ sometime in August. There has been lots of online speculation about who I’ll fight when I get out to America, but I can categorically rule out Franny’s suggestion of getting actor Carl Weathers to reprise his role as Apollo Creed aka The Count of Monte Fisto! “Having spent the last few weeks training hard in the gym it’s easy to put the business side of the fight game to the back of your mind. In my opinion that’s how it should be for a fighter because it’s important that your focus is 100% on getting physically and mentally prepared. However, sometimes it’s difficult not to let yourself get distracted by what’s goinon around you! “Obviously the Sky decision has come as a huge disappointment to all involved. Frank has worked in partnership with them for the last 23 years and, as a fight fan myself. “I’ve grown up watching the likes of Lennox Lewis, Naseem Hamed and Ricky Hatton develop and flourish under the Sky banner. “They have a proven track record of helping to build fighters reputations on a fantastic platform and to part company just as my own career is starting to progress nicely is a real shame. “My focus now is to keep working hard in the gym and work towards fulfilling my own personal goals. I’m in good hands with Frank, who’s talking to a number of potential broadcasters about my future fights, and the key for me is to leave the business side of things to the people around me. “Since I want to finish this week’s blog on a lighter note I’ll not mention England’s performance from last night! I’ll be running my first competition in next Monday’s blog so if you want to be in with a chance of winning a pair of signed boxing gloves make sure you check back next week. To keep-up wtht news on David Priced visit davidprice.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed